Are you wondering where and how to advertise a garage sale on Facebook? It is appropriate that you are here.
Use Facebook Marketplace to sell your unwanted household items and earn extra cash.
You’ll probably be able to find some buyers thanks to the billions of active users.
The good thing is that Facebook allows you to utilize various options for posting garage sales. By the end of this article, we’ll provide the best procedures for Facebook garage sale posting.
How to Advertise a Garage Sale on Facebook?
Garage sales are an excellent way to get rid of the stuff you no longer need and make money while at it.
If you are on Facebook, you can use the digital space to post your garage sale to reach many customers. In this way, the more people who stop by your garage sale and look at your items, the more likely it is that they will buy something.
Method 1: Posting on Facebook Marketplace
Facebook has a feature called the Facebook marketplace that enables interaction between buyers and sellers as they view items listed on the website.
Your Facebook account and Facebook Marketplace are linked, so posting your garage sale is simple by following the steps below.
- Open your Facebook account on Mac or PC.
- On your “News Feed”, click on the “Marketplace”.
- Tap the option for “Sell Something”.
- Next, click on the “Category” and select “Garage Sale”.
- Add a description of what your garage sale involves.
- Under the price, set it zero, as you will be selling each item separately.
- Don’t forget to mention the location of the garage sale. State the location and, if possible, pictures of the location.
- Once you have all the details added, click on “Next” and tap the “Post” button.
Now that your garage sale is listed in the Facebook marketplace, people can view it while they are scrolling through and, hopefully, stop by.
Method 2: Posting Garage Sale Via Facebook Events
Have you ever created a Facebook event before?
Your garage sale is comparable to a scheduled event, so you can invite friends to it by setting it up as a Facebook event.
Use the steps below:
- Access your Facebook profile.
- On your “News Feed”, click on “Events”.
- Click the “Create Event” button on the left sidebar.
- It will start a new window. Fill in the details of the event you want to create, including location, description, and event name.
- With all details added, click the “Create Event” button at the bottom.
- Your event is now published, and you can tap the “Share Event” to promote it via messenger or create a post for it.
Everyone you’ve invited to the event will be able to see all the details of your garage sale. The decision to attend the garage sale or inform their friends can then be made.
Method 3: Posting Garage Sale as a Facebook Status
- A Facebook window will open.
- Click on the “What’s on your mind”.
- To create the post, tap the three dots and add details of your garage sale, such as pictures, location, etc.
- Once your post is well crafted and descriptive enough, tap the “Share” button at the bottom.
You can optionally tag your friends as a part of promoting the post. The details of your garage sale will be visible to anyone who views your Facebook status update.
Note that your Facebook post setting should be public, such that anyone on When you post your garage sale, Facebook can see it. To give people time to plan and prepare, it’s also a good idea to schedule the garage sale for a few days after you post about it.
Additionally, there is no harm in letting people know when the garage sale is approaching. People have a tendency to forget, especially when it comes to such things. The trick is to start promoting it three or four weeks prior to the event and then step up your efforts the final week.
You Might Also Like: How To Optimize Facebook Ads?
Some Other Ways to Advertise Your Garage/Yard Sale
There are a few ways to advertise your garage sale without using Facebook Marketplace.
Posting flyers in your neighborhood or local establishments is one way.
Another way is to list your garage sale on websites or apps like Craigslist or Letgo.
Additionally, you can post signs in your yard or on busy streets.
The last step is to inform everyone you know about your garage sale and ask them to spread the word.
Why Facebook Marketplace?
There are a number of reasons why you should advertise your garage sale on Facebook First off, Facebook is one of the most widely used social media sites, with billions of active users. This indicates that your garage sale has a sizable potential customer base.
Potential customers can use keywords to quickly search for garage sales in their neighborhood.
Finally, advertising your garage sale on Facebook is simple and cost-free. Anyone, even a novice, can do it.
Conclusion: How to Advertise a Garage Sale on Facebook
Garage sales are becoming common, and they are a good way of getting rid of those items you no longer require in your house.
Utilize the advice and strategies in this guide if you are thinking about holding a garage sale.
Your garage sale’s success will fill you with joy.
Does Facebook Allow the Posting of Garage Sales?
Yes, Facebook is a great place to advertise your sales, and you can use Facebook to advertise a garage sale when you want to hold one. In addition, Facebook has millions of users, giving you access to a sizable pool of potential clients.
How Do I Advertise My Local Garage Sale?
Sites like YardSaleSearch.com, Gsalr.com and GarageSaleFinder.com—and their mobile apps—enable garage sale enthusiasts to browse sale listings and even map out a route of their favorites.
What Day is Best for Garage Sale?
Friday, Saturday and Sunday mornings are usually the best time to hold your garage sale.